Tuesday, July 17, 2012

The Dainty Diner: Keepsakes

The Storefront

It's weekend, and I've got nothing else to do. We went to church on a Sunday afternoon and after the mass, I wanted to eat Pasta. I've missed it because it's been a while since my last Carbonara, so my boyfriend and I stopped over at - Keepsakes Davao. 

Keepsakes is located on the right wing of Matina Town Square, Davao City. This 'Dainty Diner,' as I may call, is most frequented with high school students from Ateneo de Davao University, my Alma Mater. I call it such because it has a girly atmosphere, filled with trinkets. The friendly ambiance did not only complete my satisfaction, but the cost was right for my pocket.

The Ambience

Let me give you a tour:

This is the colorful atmosphere of the diner. Pastel chairs, couches, and curtain beads remind me of my bedroom.

When you first enter, colorful menu boards and the friendly staff will greet you.

The menu serves Chicken, Pasta, Desserts and Rice Meals.  Like I mentioned, the cost was just right to keep myself full, and my pocket.

Scroll more for the meals served.




Baby Potatoes in Grated Chees


To start with, we ordered:
  • Appetizer:  Baked Baby Potatoes in Grated Cheese -   10-15 little potatoes are served in this cup bowl, sliced in halves. Who wouldn't say it wasn't delicious? With cheese and mozzarella on top, it's drooling!
  • Pasta:  Carbonara with Garlic Stick - This is actually the reason why I went here. I missed the creamy, cheesy taste of the Parmesan, plus its bacon toppings.  The serving size is just enough.
  • Rice Meal:  Two-piece Chicken with rice - My boyfriend ordered this meal and the chicken portions are just fair.  But then, one cup of rice is not enough for him so he added another one!
  • Desserts:  Mini-Heart Cakes are affordable.  They look enticing and palatable. I brought some of it home.
Carbonara and Garlic Stick
2-piece Chicken Rice Meal

Mini-heart cakes!
Close-up View of the Mini-hearty cake

Beads and Trinkets
Keychains from over-the-world




After dining, my boyfriend and I went to take some pictures of the diner's setting.  I loved how it looks and how it feels to be there so there was never a dull moment hanging out!

Keepsakes is open from Mondays thru Sundays.  It's a great place to spend simple Sunday snacks or chitchats with your friends.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Khar, nice post! I haven't tried this but I will try to once I get the chance :) Thanks for the heads up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi abby! Indeed, it's a nice place, and worthy of ur afternoon snack :-) I heard it mts is going under construction today, you can try it on the next few months! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Let's share kind words to each other, in English please! :D